NOT SLEEPWALKING, JUST STUPID

(20JAN2009)

It’s late in the afternoon before I see Izzy today and the first thing he asks me, with a smirk, is “Were you sleepwalking this morning?


I wasn’t, but I know what he’s talking about.


I went to bed very late again – around 0400 – and was dead asleep when around 0900 I could have sworn I heard a knocking on my door. Sensitive to the fact that I made Izzy knock several times yesterday, I jumped out of bed, shouted “Coming!”, threw on a shirt, and opened the door.


There was nobody there.


I poked my head around the corner and couldn’t see anyone nearby. I shook my head an crawled back into bed.


This happened at least three times, and through the thin wall between our living areas Izzy heard me yelling and running around, my door opening and closing most of the morning.